Monday, July 27, 2009

Stump Grinding


Brain & Brawn Stump Grinding paid a visit and took care of our huge white pine stump...pulverizing it into a large pile of shavings and mulch. Tomorrow's task involves redistributing the mulch and then spreading a delivery of topsoil to enhance the house's curb appeal.


I find that manual labor offers a much needed break from editing and revising a manuscript. There are parts of the second book I felt tempted to slip into the cracks of the stump. In hindsight I'm glad I didn't do it.

On Friday, I'll meet with my agent and we'll discuss the finishing touches on the submission of book number one. It's been a two-year ride with the manuscript but it finally feels ready. We'll see if any publishing houses agree. We have a web site, blog, book trailer, interview, marketing plan, candid pics of the author, etc. We'll see.

I also need to increase the number of members following this blog.

Difficult to do, I suppose, when you are writing about stumps.

Kind of a catch-22, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment